Ordre and Association
Ordre des chiropraticiens du Québec
The Ordre des chiropraticiens du Québec is the official reference for the evaluation, diagnosis and prevention of defects of the neuromusculoskeletal system and the treatment of dysfunctions, with the goal of maintaining or recovering health.
The mission of The Ordre des chiropraticiens du Québec is to protect patients and clients by assuring quality and excellency in the practice of chiropractic care and by supporting the development of the skills of chiropractors around Québec.
To fulfill this mission, The Ordre des chiropraticiens du Québec must:
- Control access to practical sessions in chiropractic care and impose specific conditions that must be met in order to obtain a chiropractic permit in Québec.
- Assess, control and monitor practical sessions of chiropractors and verify their professional conduct.
- Ensure and promote the preservation of the knowledge of chiropractors through further education.
- Receive and process complaints from the public.
- Control the illegal practice of chiropractic care.
- Be the face in media and the public eye as a spokesperson and key authority in the field of neuromusculoskeletal health problems.
Association des chiropraticiens du Québec
The Association des chiropraticiens du Québec (ACQ) is a non-profit organisation founded in 1967. More dynamic than ever, the ACQ annually welcomes the majority of students of the UQTR graduating cohort. More than 1025 members (approximately 75% of the chiropractic care professions in Québec to date) have been taken in.
The main mission of the ACQ is to support the professional, social and economic interests of its members all while deploying various communicative and educational initiatives to promote body health and stability through chiropractic. In this light, the ACQ is working hard to develop educational and informative projects aimed at improving public health through scientific, effective and non-invasive approaches.
The objectives of the ACQ are:
With its members
- Encourage consistency within chiropractic care
- Promoting interprofessional relationships
- Supporting chiropractic research initiatives
- Promoting quality products and services exclusive to members
With the public
- Implement educational projects aimed at improving public health
- Inform the general public about the benefits of chiropractic care
- Provide free and fair access to comprehensive chiropractic care that meets international practice standards to all Quebecers